For those of you who do have tickets here is what you need to know:
- Doors open at 7 p.m. and David James Allen hits the stage around 8 p.m.
- Wintersleep should be on around 9 p.m.
- Jenny and Jill will be at the door to check you in. We have your name on a list but it is helpful if you bring a copy of your ticket or ID with you for verification.
- This is a standing room only event. If you require special considerations please ask one of our volunteers and we will do our best to help.
- There is a fundraising cash bar run by the Avening Hall Board. Our dedicated volunteers will be serving up Creemore Springs beer. We also offer wine and soft drinks.
Loco Por El Asado is offering empanadas and Garden salad – mixed greens, tomato, onion, cucumber, carrot, balsamic vinaigrette. Flavours include: Blue Cheese & Bacon, Brisket & Onion, Chicken Bruschetta, Ham & Cheese, Spinach & Cheese
- Please bring cash if you intend to make purchases. There are no ATMS in Avening.
- If you still have questions please call Sara during office hours at 705-466-9906 or any time at 705-888-5139. Email [email protected]
Avening is pleased to be part of Wintersleep’s tour celebrating their seventh Album – In the Land of – to be released in March 2019.
The band is comprised of vocalist/guitarist Paul Murphy, drummer Loel Campbell, guitarist Tim D’eon, bassist Mike Bigelow, and keyboardist Jon Samuel. These JUNO Award-winners are also known for their work with other bands including Holy Fuck, Hayden and Land of Talk.
Like all Wintersleep records, In the Land Of encourages thought and introspection. The new record’s title is an incomplete thought, a blank that is filled in a cross the record with different places, words, and sounds. “A lot of the songs touch on this idea of being a stranger or feeling foreign in all the different landscapes in which the songs took place lyrically,” explains Murphy. “It all relates back to the land,” adds guitarist Tim D’Eon.
Toronto’s Now Magazine says of Wintersleep “…there’s something lively and reassuring about their idiosyncratic contribution to pop-infused space rock. Some 15 years after forming, they continue to surprise listeners with each record.”
This night should be EPIC!
Doors open at 7. Show at 8 pm.
More info contact [email protected], 705-466-9906