This show is sold out
705-466-9906 – [email protected]
For those of you coming to the show here is what you need to know:
- Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Jenn and Natalie will be at the door to check you in. We have your name on a list but it is helpful if you bring a copy of your ticket or ID with you for verification.
- This is a standing room only event. Be prepared to enjoy a rowdy crowd!
- Lee Reed hits the stage at 8 p.m. followed by BA Johnston around 8:45.
- Elliott Brood will be bringing the bang around 9:15
- There is a fundraising cash bar run by the Avening Hall Board. Ed and the rest of the gang will be serving up Creemore Springs beer, Duntroon Cyder wine and soft drinks.
- Petronela from Angie’s place will be serving up some delicious Caribbean fare. For just $15 you can enjoy your choice of Curry Goat or Jerk Chicken with Rice and Peas and a Toss Salad.
- Please bring cash if you intend to make purchases. There are no ATMS in Avening.
- If you still have questions please call Sara during office hours at 705-466-9906 or any time at 705-888-5139. Email sa[email protected]
The Brood is back and they are bringing friends! Get Ready for a CRAZY NIGHT OF FUN with an all-Hamilton roster at the Avening Hall.
ELLIOTT BROOD is a three-piece Folk Rock Alt Country band based in Hamilton, Canada. Their brand of fuzzed-up roots music has always made for a captivating, and frenetic live performance. That energy has always translated onto the band’s five previous critically acclaimed records.
In 2013 the band won a Juno Award for their World War One inspired album “Days Into Years”. Over the course of their career they have been nominated for a total of five Juno awards. In 2009 they were shortlisted for the prestigious Polaris Music Prize and in 2012 the band found themselves nominated for a Genie Award for their original song “West End Sky” that was featured in the film “Grown Up Movie Star”. Their style has been called everything from ‘blackgrass’ to ‘death country,’ but those descriptions don’t capture the transcendent heights of their unique approach to roots music.
BA JOHNSTON – the pride of Hamilton and host of Ham Jam – there are no words. You have to see it to believe it.
LEE REED is a Hamilton OG and a veteran of the Kanadian Indie music scene. For over 20 years he’s been stomping stages and studios, spewing his unique brand of fiery, anti-capitalist rant-hop. From mouthpiece for the legendary Warsawpack, and throughout his solo work, Reed’s musical legacy has remained committed to revolutionary struggle, and the fight for a better world; voicing anti-oppressive, anti-capitalist politics through HipHop; and soundtracking and signal-boosting the efforts of communities and organizers struggling on the frontline for social and environmental justice. He’s toured the nation, and warmed the stage for some serious industry heavyweights, including: Bad Religion, Mos Def, Feist, Alexisonfire, Protest the Hero, Sage Francis, Death From Above, Saul Williams, Fishbone, Roots Manuva, K-OS, The Sadies.. and a long list of other big name artists still wondering what became of their backstage veggie platter & beer stash. He’s rocked pubs & nightclubs; house shows & rec centres; parades & blockades; reservations, demonstrations & occupations; and some of the nation’s finest festivals.
Angie’s Place will be serving up dinner for