THIS SHOW IS SOLD OUT!!!
For those of you who do have tickets here is what you need to know:
We will have printed copies available at the hall too!
Doors open at 7 p.m. and we will start singing around 8 p.m.
- Jenn and Jenny will be at the door to check you in. We have your name on a list but it is helpful if you bring a copy of your ticket or ID with you for verification.
- This is a standing room only event. If you require special considerations please ask one of our volunteers and we will do our best to help.
- There is a fundraising cash bar run by the Avening Hall Board. Our dedicated volunteers will be serving up Creemore Springs beer. We also offer wine and soft drinks.
Men with Knves will be serving up some great options for dinner:
$10 – Pigwich with Zhoug Mayo *Pig, Pig and More Pig$10 – Spring Pea Falafel on Sweet Potato Mash, Mushroom & Lentil Bolognese, Wild Leek & Coconut Zhoug, Dukkah*From our Plant Based + Series, *Vegan / GF
- Please bring cash if you intend to make purchases. There are no ATMS in Avening.
- If you still have questions please call Sara during office hours at 705-466-9906 or any time at 705-888-5139. Email [email protected]
Toronto’s Choir! Choir! Choir! will bring together all us old hall lovers for a night of SONG – and by SONG we mean one song that we will all learn and sing together over the course of 90 minutes. We may not end up in perfect harmony but it will be a perfect night!
Nobu Adilman and Daveed Goldman, the founders of C!C!C!, will lead us in the fun. Everyone is welcome. Just show up and you are part of the gang – we will learn an original arrangement for a song we love. It’s interactive theatre. It’s stand up comedy. It’s is something you may never have seen before but harkens back to the good old days when Avening would come together to sing.
Founded in 2011, Choir! Choir! Choir! has amassed a dedicated and passionate following and a thriving international fan base on YouTube (15,000 subscribers and over 10 million views). The group has performed with renowned artists such as Patti Smith, Tegan and Sara, and Rufus Wainwright, and onstage at New York’s Carnegie Hall and Radio City Music Hall with the likes of Debbie Harry and The Flaming Lips. Choir! Choir! Choir! exists to celebrate music and push the boundaries between practice and performance, artist and audience, offering therapeutic benefits with the ultimate side effect: a powerful community.
SO THEY ONLY DO ONE SONG? We understand this isn’t something people have done before so it seems strange. But the show is indeed only one song. Over the course of 90 minutes Nobu and Daveed will teach your group of “non-singers” an original 3 part choral arrangement (room is divided into highs, mids, lows) and we video the crowd throughout. People get moved around. People laugh. People cry. The end of the show is when everyone comes together.
They’ve done this in Toronto, Chicago, Austin, New York, Los Angeles, etc. It hasn’t not worked yet.
Doors at 7 pm. Show starts at 8 pm.