Saturday, April 27, doors at 12:30 p.m. show at 1 p.m.
If you are coming – we can’t wait to sing along with you, and CHOIR!CHOIR!CHOIR!
Here is some info you may want:
- Doors open at 12:30 p.m. and we will start singing around 1 p.m.
- Jill and her pal from CHOIR!CHOIR!CHOIR! will be at the door to check you in. We have your name on a list but it is helpful if you bring a copy of your ticket or ID with you for verification.
- We will have print outs of the lyrics
- This is a standing room only event. If you require special considerations please ask one of our volunteers and we will do our best to help.
- There is a fundraising cash bar run by the Avening Hall Board. Our dedicated volunteers will be serving up Creemore Springs beer and Duntroon Cider. We also offer wine and soft drinks.
Trina and Sara are going to be baking up some goodies. We welcome you to bring some treats all ready to share too if you would like. These, along with coffee, tea, water and soft drinks will all available by donation to benefit the hall. Bring a mug or jug to reduce waste and the number of dishes we have to wash!
- Please bring cash if you intend to make purchases. There are no ATMS in Avening.
- If you still have questions please call Sara during office hours at 705-466-9906 or any time at 705-888-5139. Email [email protected]
Toronto’s Choir! Choir! Choir! will bring together all us old hall lovers for a night of SONG – and by SONG we mean one song that we will all learn and sing together over the course of 90 minutes. We may not end up in perfect harmony but it will be a perfect night!
Nobu Adilman and Daveed Goldman, the founders of C!C!C!, will lead us in the fun. Everyone is welcome. Just show up and you are part of the gang – we will learn an original arrangement for a song we love. It’s interactive theatre. It’s stand up comedy. It’s is something you may never have seen before but harkens back to the good old days when Avening would come together to sing.
Founded in 2011, Choir! Choir! Choir! has amassed a dedicated and passionate following and a thriving international fan base on YouTube (15,000 subscribers and over 10 million views). The group has performed with renowned artists such as Patti Smith, Tegan and Sara, and Rufus Wainwright, and onstage at New York’s Carnegie Hall and Radio City Music Hall with the likes of Debbie Harry and The Flaming Lips. Choir! Choir! Choir! exists to celebrate music and push the boundaries between practice and performance, artist and audience, offering therapeutic benefits with the ultimate side effect: a powerful community.
SO THEY ONLY DO ONE SONG? We understand this isn’t something people have done before so it seems strange. But the show is indeed only one song. Over the course of 90 minutes Nobu and Daveed will teach your group of “non-singers” an original 3 part choral arrangement (room is divided into highs, mids, lows) and we video the crowd throughout. People get moved around. People laugh. People cry. The end of the show is when everyone comes together.
They’ve done this in Toronto, Chicago, Austin, New York, Los Angeles, etc. It hasn’t not worked yet.
Doors at 12:30 pm. Show starts at 1 pm.