This show is sold out.
If you are coming on Saturday, March 25, we can’t wait to see you at the hall.
- Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Laura and MK will be at the door to check you in. We have your name on a list but it is helpful if you bring a copy of your ticket or ID with you for verification.
- Our venue is standing room only for this show. If you require special consideration for seating please check in with one of our volunteers and we will see how we can help.
- The show starts at 8 p.m. with Evening Hymns
- Basia Bulat will hit the stage around 9 p.m.
- There is a fundraising cash bar run by the Avening Hall Board. Ed, Tina, Laurie and the rest of the gang will be serving up Creemore Springs beer, wine and soft drinks.
- There will be food fresh from the grill and some amazing empanandas serve all night long by Loco por el Asado. Come early to enjoy dinner!
- Please bring cash if you intend to make purchases. There are no ATMS in Avening
- If you still have questions please call Sara during office hours at 705-466-9906 or any time at 705-888-5139. Email [email protected]
About Basia Bulat
With an electrifying voice and lyrics like silver arrowheads, Basia Bulat has become one of Canada’s most conspicuous talents. Juno nominated and shortlisted for the prestigious Polaris Music Prize, she often appears solo in gigantic halls, winning over crowds with an autoharp or charango, stomping feet and two mighty lungs. Her massive talent has also been recognized at scale: her songs have been adapted for major performances with symphony orchestras, and she’s been tapped for prestigious tributes to Leonard Cohen and The Band. Since releasing her debut in 2007, she has shared a stage with artists including Arcade Fire, The National, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Daniel Lanois, St Vincent, Sufjan Stevens, Destroyer and Andrew Bird. Bulat was born in Toronto and grew up listening to her mother’s piano students, Sam Cooke and Stax on the oldies station. In early 2016 she released, Good Advice, produced by Jim James of My Morning Jacket.
Opening for Basia will be Evening Hymns.